In the summer of 2008, we went shopping for clothing for our newborn children and went looking specifically for clothes that were both chemical and pesticide free. The organic clothing we did find was really expensive and average quality. We thought there had to be quality, affordable organic clothing, but there wasn’t. So like many entrepreneurs, we set out to give astute parents a choice.
From the beginning, we vowed to manufacture our Funkoos brand clothing from the finest organic, chemical free-fibers. Our styles are always fun, simple and super-friendly to young children’s sensitive skin. Our mission is singular – to manufacture our clothes in 100% fair-trade work environments, keep our clothing purely organic, and give a portion of our profits back to the planet through our many charitable causes.
The Funkoos Community
Funkoos recently launched a free site for moms to find out what’s going on in their communities. The Funkoos Community Site helps parents find local activities for their children.
Some of the things you can access from the Funkoos Community site include:
- Find local activities for kids by zipcode, including directions and weather.
- Get to know the benefits of eco-living and easy tips for a greener lifestyle by reading Funkoos blogs.
- Connect with mommies on Funkoos Forums to hear their views and suggest yours.
If you’re looking for a place to connect with other eco-conscious moms, check out the Funkoos Community.
The Clothing Review
Funkoos sent me one of their Organic Long Sleeve Bodysuits to try out for Kaylee.
Most of the onsies we’ve had in the past are made of pretty thin material. Not this one. It was a nice, thick cotton, which is great for the cold weather up in the mountains. And I feel great knowing my sweet little girl is wearing organic cotton!
If you’re looking for an ethical company to purchase organic children’s clothing from, check out Funkoos.
One lucky Happy Mothering reader will get a chance to try out Funkoos for free. Funkoos is giving away a Blue Stripes Organic Tee to one of my readers (in your choice of size). To enter, visit Funkoos and leave a comment here telling me one other item you’d like to try (leave the link) (mandatory).
- Subscribe to Happy Mothering via email or RSS
- Like Happy Mothering and Funkoos on facebook
- Follow Happy Mothering and Funkoos on Twitter
- Follow Happy Mothering publicly on Google Friend Connect
- Visit the Funkoos Forums and participate in at least one discussion
- Enter another current giveaway on Happy Mothering or my new blog, Giveaways and Reviews (1 entry for every giveaway you enter)
Remember, you must leave a separate comment for each entry to count.
This contest will run through Sunday, January 30, 2011 at 11:59 pm EST. The winner will be chosen the following day at random.org and announced on Happy Mothering. US and Canadian entries only.
Happy Mothering was not compensated for this review or giveaway. The company did provide us with a sample for the review and giveaway, but this did not influence our opinion of the company or the product.Powered by Sidelines