I love, love, love artichokes! They are super yummy, and I have traditionally steamed them. However, I have on more than one occasion burnt the bottom of the steaming pan because it ran out of water.
So, I decided to experiment with roasting artichokes. You can roast them whole, but I find this method is not only faster, but more delicious! These make a great pre-dinner appetizer, but they can also be served alongside dinner or as a healthy snack.
Roasted Artichoke & Garlic Recipe
- 2 organic artichokes
- 2 teaspoons organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bulb of organic olive
- Pre-heat your oven to 400° F.
- Cut the top of the artichokes off to remove the spikes.
- Use kitchen shears to remove the remaining spikes from the side leaves.
- Cut the artichoke in half length-wise.
- Use a spoon to scoop the fuzzy inside of the artichokes out.
- Peel and crush your garlic.
- Fill the cavity in each artichoke with as much garlic as you can cram in there.
- Drizzle about 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil over each artichoke half.
- Wrap with aluminum foil and place in oven.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until a fork can pierce the artichoke easily.
- Serve with garlic butter, vegenaise, mayonnaise or your favorite dip.