Are you dealing with dry cracked heels? It's super common for people to get dry cracked heels this time of year, and getting them to heal up is usually a challenge. The first step is to exfoliate the dead skin using a homemade foot scrub. Then you'll want to apply a natural heel balm to moisturize your skin.
I like to make this part of my bedtime routine. One of the reasons is because my recipe for homemade cracked Heel Balm is very rich and it takes quite a while to soak in. You won't want to be walking around the house right after you apply it or you might find yourself slipping around a bit.
To get even more soothing for your dry cracked heels, it's a good idea to put moisturizing socks on over the heel balm before you crawl into bed. They'll keep you from getting your sheets oily and they'll help concentrate the moisturizing power of this heel balm too!
DIY Cracked Heel Balm Recipe
- Combine the shea butter and coconut oil in a small pot over low heat.
- Once the shea butter and coconut oil are melted, remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Once the mixture has cooled down, add the essential oils.
- Store your homemade heel balm in a glass jar with a lid.
- If you live in a warm climate, be sure to store your heel balm in a cool place so it stays solid.
Could your dry cracked heels use some pampering with this homemade heel balm?
* I can no longer mention the brand of essential oils I recommend on my blog due to FDA regulations. If you’d like to learn more about the only brand of essential oils I recommend, please fill out the form on this page and I’ll get back with you when I can. I do NOT recommend buying essential oils from Amazon.com (although I love Amazon for so many things!). I’m happy to share why with you if you fill out the form.