I don't know about where you live, but around here we've been having spring weather. It has been in the 60s, sunny and absolutely beautiful out. I have even heard rumors that the tulips are starting to pop out of the ground. So I guess perhaps Punxsutawney Phil was wrong about 6 more weeks of winter. Only time will tell.
Nonetheless, the warmer weather has me wanting to lighten my meals, and that often means smoothies. I love how easy it is to prepare smoothies in the morning. You can have everything prepped ahead of time, then all you have to do is toss it in the blender and press a button.
I have to say, though, that I didn't love making smoothies quite so much until I got a Blendtec blender. Before my Blendtec, it would take so much longer trying to get all of the chunks blended up. I love that I don't have that issue anymore! Around 30 seconds and everything is perfectly smooth, even if I put large frozen strawberries in. Love it!
Anyhow, this recipe for an easy green detox smoothie is super easy to make and all of the ingredients are perfect if you're trying to detox from a winter of not-so-great eating habits. It will make one large smoothie, so double up if you need more!
Easy Green Detox Smoothie Recipe
- 1 frozen sliced very ripe banana (previously peeled & sliced)
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 ¼ cups chopped pineapple
- 1 organic peach, peeled and sliced
- ½ cup coconut milk yogurt (regular or Greek yogurt are fine too)
- 1-2 cups fresh, organic spinach leaves
- Juice of 1 lime
- If you're using a Blentec blender, you'll be able to just put everything in and blend it up all at once, but if you're using a less powerful blender, you'll want to do it in phases.
- Start blending the frozen banana slices and almond milk together until it's thick and smooth. Scrape the sides of the blender if you need to.
- Next, add the pineapple, peach and yogurt and blend until combined.
- Finally, add the spinach and lime juice and blend until smooth.