I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser.
Summertime is State Fair and County Fair time. One of my favorite memories of summer was attending the Del Mar Fair and enjoying all of the yummy treats like deep fried zucchini and ice cream (separately of course).
Since I’m not sure we’ll make it to the Fair this summer, I decided it would be fun to bring the State Fair to our house with some fun ice cream treats. I recently got a really cool Bake-a-Bowl pan that allows me to make edible bowls, so I decided to make cookie bowls filled with ice cream!
Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Bowls Recipe
- 1 cup palm shortening, plus extra for greasing the pan
- 1/3 cup extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- First Street Ice Cream
- Caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the palm shortening and coconut oil with the cane and brown sugars.
- When it’s light and fluffy, add in the eggs and vanilla, and continue beating.
- In medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and sea salt.
- Add a small amount of the flour combination to the butter mixture and blend until it’s all combined.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Grease the pan with palm shortening, then press the cookie mixture into the Bake-a-Bowl pan until it’s just above the fill line (the gluten free flour doesn’t rise as much; if you’re using regular flour, just fill to the fill line).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely, then add one rounded scoop of First Street ice cream to each bowl.
- Top with caramel sauce and serve immediately or store in the freezer for a short time.
- Enjoy your State Fair recipe at home!
We picked up the ice cream and chocolate chips at Smart & Final, a great place to do a one stop shop of everything from produce to meats. Smart & Final carries warehouse size items without a club fee, making shopping easy, less expensive and less daunting to shop in than a big warehouse store.
They had a good selection of ice creams, so we picked up the First Street Chocolate Chip and Rocky Road ice creams. They had a well stocked bakery aisle as well. The First Street Chocolate Chips were very affordable.
You can find more recipes in the Smart and Final Social Circular. And be sure to connect with them on Twitter and Facebook. They’ll be launching the “Cowdown” contest on May 14. During this contest there will be a showdown between 2 different ice cream flavors each day, and you’ll have a chance to win an iPad or a Kindle Fire!
Powered by Sidelines