For breakfast, my girls often ask me to make them a strawberry parfait. They love having their strawberry parfait in a beautiful glass. It makes them feel like they're having dessert for breakfast, so we reserve it for a special treat.
Boxed granola works well for a strawberry parfait. However, tropical homemade granola makes it so much better. I love using homemade granola when I make the girls a strawberry parfait because I can have total control over the ingredients.
If you're dairy free like me, you can substitute coconut milk yogurt for the Greek Yogurt. It just won't be as creamy and rich. Another thing we like doing is adding one drop of Wild Orange essential oil to our yogurt. It's so yummy!
Strawberry Parfait with Tropical Homemade Granola
- 4 cup gluten free oats
- ½ cup raw honey
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 cups freshly sliced organic strawberries
- 1 cup Greek Vanilla Yogurt (or coconut milk yogurt for dairy free)
- 1 cup Homemade Tropical Granola
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Grease a cookie sheet.
- Combine the chia seeds, oats, sea salt and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Mix the honey and coconut oil (you may need to warm the coconut oil first if it's in a solid state). Stir them together.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix to combine all ingredients.
- Dump out the granola mixture on your prepared cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle the shredded coconut and chopped pecans on the top of the granola mixture.
- Bake your granola at 250 degrees for 1 hour.
- Allow to cool overnight for best flavor.
- Store in a tightly lidded jar. Will last for several weeks.
- Wash the strawberries, then remove the stems
- Pull out your parfait glass and begin to built your parfait.
- Place ½ cup of granola on the bottom of the glass.
- The second layer will be ½ cup of Greek vanilla yogurt (or coconut milk yogurt)
- Next, top with half of the fresh Strawberries.
- Sprinkle a layer of the remaining granola.
- Add another layer with the rest of the Greek vanilla yogurt.
- Finally, top off the strawberry parfait with the remaining strawberries.
Update: This post previously had a link to the brand of essential oils I use, but I can no longer mention that brand on my blog due to FDA regulations. If you’d like to learn more about the only brand of essential oils I recommend, please fill out the form on this page and I’ll get back with you. I do NOT recommend buying essential oils from Amazon.com. I’m happy to share why with you.