Who doesn’t love bacon? Well, I didn’t until I discovered uncured bacon a couple years ago. Now I’ll happily eat it at any meal of the day.
One of the best breakfasts is simple: fried eggs and uncured bacon. If you have trouble getting your bacon cooked just right, give this bacon press a try. It’ll eliminate those pesky problems with the bacon curling up!
In honor of my love for bacon, I was excited when Good Cook put out a challenge to its Kitchen Experts to create an original recipe for bacon. Typically, I use my cast iron skillets to cook my bacon (I’d love to have a cast iron grill). I find that cast iron cooks bacon just right, but for this recipe I decided to use the oven since it’s been cold and it would help heat the house.
These Bacon Avocado Cheddar Bites would make a great appetizer for any event you’re hosting this fall or even for an afternoon snack. You can easily make them Paleo by omitting the Cheddar.
Bacon Avocado Cheddar Bites
- 1 package uncured bacon
- 2 ripe organic avocados
- 2 oz organic cheddar cheese
- 1 small organic jalapeno
- Preheat your oven to 425° F.
- Cut each piece of bacon in half.
- Cut the cheese into small rectangles, about 1″ x ½”.
- Slice the avocados into about 1/4″ slices.
- Cut the jalapeno into long, thin strips.
- Place a piece of avocado, cheddar and jalapeno on a piece of bacon and wrap the bacon around the filling securely.
- Place on a baking sheet (I used a pizza pan this time).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the bacon is cooked through (and crispy if you like it that way).
- Immediately transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to drain.
- Insert a toothpick into each Bacon Jalapeno Cheddar Bite and place on a serving platter.
If you love bacon, you should check out some of the Stuffed Burger Recipes featured in the latest Good Cook contest. Go vote for your favorite here! And you can even get 25% off Good Cook Burger Tools used during the competition with code BaconLovers!
So tell me. What’s your favorite way to eat bacon?