Scrabble has always been one of my absolute favorite games. It completely thrills me that my older daughter, Zoë, is beginning to love it as well. And I see Kaylee following that path soon too.
If you have kids, you know all too well that pieces of games seem to mysteriously disappear from the boxes you swore they were stored neatly away in. Scrabble is not immune to that fate!
Rather than tossing the whole game, there are ways to upcycle the tiles that are left. One of those ways is by making your very own Scrabble Tile Christmas Ornament.
You can spell any word that resonates with you, but I chose Peace. It’s something I crave during this busy time of year. And when I do get that feeling, it’s quite nice!
Scrabble Tile Christmas Ornament
- Assorted Scrabble tile wooden letters (you can get Scrabble Tiles without the game too)
- Hot glue gun and hot glue sticks
- Plastic snowflakes
- Ribbon or pipe cleaner for hanging
- Begin the process by arranging the letters into the word of your choice. Some ideas other than Peace are Merry, Blessings, Joy, Snow, Santa, Family, etc.
- Once you’ve chosen your word, add a small dab of hot glue to the sides of each of the letters and press them together to create the word.
- Take the plastic snowflake. Add a strip of hot glue behind the word and press it to the top of the snowflake. Hold in place until the glue begins to cool and the snowflake is secure.
- Finish your Scrabble Tile Christmas Ornament by adding some ribbon or pipe cleaner for hanging on your Christmas tree. Just tie or twist and add some hot glue, then press it to the back of the snowflake.
- Your Scrabble Tile Christmas Ornament is now ready to be displayed on your family’s Christmas tree.