Now that the winter weather has started to set in, I'm finding that my lips are becoming quite chapped! I find that no matter how much homemade lip balm I use, it doesn't matter unless I'm exfoliating as well.
You can also add a bit of soap colorant or food coloring (natural is best!) and some essential oils if you like, but it's not necessary. The two main ingredients are what really does the work of keeping your lips irresistibly smooth.
With Valentine's Day right around the corner, this lip scrub would also make a wonderful gift! You can pick up some small containers and fill them up. A little lip scrub lasts a really long time!
If you find this recipe is for a larger batch than you'll ever use on your lips and you're out of people to gift it too, you can also use it as a hand scrub or body scrub as well. It's super versatile!
While you can purchase a pre-made lip scrub, it's a lot of fun to make your own homemade version. I hope you enjoy having super smooth and nourished lips as much as I do.
DIY Whipped Sugar Scrub for Irresistible Lips
- ¼ cup coconut oil (solid, not melted)
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 drop of red soap colorant or food coloring (optional)
- Place the solid coconut oil into a large mixing bowl or your Kitchen Aid stand mixer. Turn on your Kitchen Aid or use an electric hand mixer to whip the coconut oil for 30 seconds.
- Put the bowl with the whipped coconut oil into the freezer for 3 minutes. Remove the bowl and whip again for 1 minute.
- Add the sugar to the mixing bowl and whip with the coconut oil for another minute.
- If you are using food coloring and/or essential oils, add them now and whip until combined.
- Use a small amount and gently rub in small circles onto your lips.
- Rinse with warm water and pat dry. Don't press too hard or you'll remove all of the nourishing coconut oil.
Could your lips use this sugar scrub as much as mine?
Pin this post to your DIY beauty board!