Hey everyone, Brian here. On my last post, I discussed how I’m starting to do video business consultations. My goal with these consultations is to give my opinion of what I would do if I was in the business owners’ shoes.
We have had a lot of success with Happy Mothering and I’m sharing what works for us. Granted, what works for us may not work for everyone and that’s okay.
What’s important to me is that I share all of my thoughts and opinions without holding back, so whoever I’m speaking to can see a different point of view that the one they have.
At the end of the day, whatever anyone does with their business is their decision. My hopes are that they can replicate some of what we’re doing to have more and better success at generating income online.
Legends Dog Training
So in my 1st Video Business Consultation, I spoke to my longtime friend Brian Rose and his wife Alyssa.
Alyssa is a professional dog trainer and has her own business Legends Dog Training and Brian helps her with her business as well. Brian is a professional videographer and photographer and here’s his site.
Alyssa and Brian recently created an online video dog training course they are starting to sell called Base Training Method.
Alyssa also has her website hub Alyssa Rose Training.
So with all of that, they have a huge lack of knowledge of what to do or how to do it when it comes to effectively marketing online. Marketing online is my jam… so it just makes sense for me to chat with them and help them grow.
This is a VERY long consultation. Way longer than we intended for it to be.
I give Alyssa and Brian my thoughts and opinions on what I would do with their business as if it was my own. From website design to their sales page to how to utilize their multiple websites to grow their brands to social media.
Here’s the video business consultation. Below the video, I’m going to tell you some of the lessons I learned shooting this video and changes I will be implementing on future videos. I hope you all get some value out of this.
What I learned on this Video Business Consultation.
So I learned a lot from creating this 1st video. Here are some of the things I learned and plan on doing differently in the future.
- This is something I learned from Alyssa and what she’s doing on Legends Dog Training and I’m going to implement myself and that is to do an “intake form.”
- What that means is I’m creating a list of questions which I will have everyone fill out prior to me speaking with them.
- This will allow me to have all of their websites, social media and everything else already pulled up with no new surprises.
- I’ll already know their goals and what they want to get from speaking to me prior to getting on the call.
- A lot of the conversation in the first half of this consultation could have been answered on an intake form and made the whole video flow more smoothly.
- I will have a written down structured format.
- Having a list of key points and subjects to touch on will help me move the video along faster and smoother.
- This will help keep the flow of the call moving forward instead of stopping and stalling. This video does stop and stall at certain points and goes off of track a couple of times.
- I will be keeping the consults to no more than 90 minutes.
- This consult above went for about 2 hours. While I’m more than happy to spend that time, I feel it will be more bite-sized if I keep it to 1 hour or less.
- Also, I feel if I have a written down structure it’ll be easier to flow through the consultation to get more out of the time.
- In the Skype video, I didn’t realize I had 2 video windows going on being recorded.
- With my next video which will be on Skype again, I’ll make sure I only have the small video on the bottom right-hand corner showing. Oops LOL.
- I didn’t capture the audio of my laptop. I’m not sure where I messed up there, that said I was able to capture the audio of both sides of the conversation and video capture everything, so I’m stoked on that.
- Video Production
- The way I’m creating my core content is simply by documenting my conversations.
- I’m going to use the content I documented to create smaller pieces of content, this includes:
- Editing 1-minute minute videos for Instagram and Twitter.
- Editing longer videos for Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest in the 4-10 Minute Range.
- Snagging still images and quotes from my videos to create memes.
- Video Distribution
- From here forward I’m going to only upload the entire video to Happy Mothering.
- All other distribution to social media will get the smaller forms of content mentioned above.
- The smaller forms of content will all have a call to action to watch the entire video back here at Happy Mothering.
Please hit me back with some comments and/ or questions about your business, their business, our business or pretty much anything your heart desires!!!