Last Updated on
I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for the U.S. Highbush Blueberry Council. I received a stipend to facilitate my purchase for my review as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation.
Blueberries are a favorite snack in our house. We love to eat them all alone, along with some nuts, in smoothies, muffins or pancakes or in desserts like pie. They are just so many ways to enjoy blueberries – it’s so easy to incorporate them into your diet.
We used to only be able to enjoy blueberries during the summer months, but since they’re now grown in South America as well, we can enjoy them year round. I have noticed that they are always in stock at our local grocery store. Even when they’re not, I can pick up a bag of frozen blueberries for our smoothies.
As part of my goal of achieving balance in my life this year, I have recently been working on ways to reduce the amount of time I spend on meal prep so that I can focus my time on other areas that need it. I have been able to make strides with lunch and dinner, but breakfast has been a challenge.
When I sat down to try and figure out a solution, the idea of doing overnight oats popped into my head. Everyone in the house loves oatmeal, and since we love blueberries so much I decided to incorporate those. I love that blueberries are naturally sweet, so it’s not necessary to add any sweetener if you’re trying to avoid that.
Each serving of these dairy free overnight oats is extremely filling, but only has about 275 calories (based upon the brands we used) if you’re trying to watch what you eat this year. If you add slivered almonds you will add some extra calories, so that’s a good choice if you need some extra calories before your workout (something I have been doing regularly again!).
Blueberries add some great nutrients to this recipe as they include Vitamin C, Vitamin K and Manganese. If you’re looking for more ideas on how to include blueberries in your diet, the U.S. Highbush Blueberry Council website has tips and recipes that will help you make eating blueberries a part of your lifestyle.
This recipe for Dairy Free Blueberry Overnight Oats Recipe is for one serving. To make multiple servings, simply repeat the recipe in as many jars as necessary. The great things is these can be made a few days in advance, so you can batch make breakfast and all you have to do is grab it out of the refrigerator in the morning!
Dairy Free Blueberry Overnight Oats Recipe
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk yogurt
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/8 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup (optional)
- Little pinch of Real Salt (optional)
- Sliced almonds, shredded coconut or other toppings (optional)
- In a pint-sized glass mason jar, layer in the rolled oats, almond milk, coconut yogurt, blueberries, vanilla extract, maple syrup and sea salt.
- Stir the ingredients until they are combined, then put the lid on the jar and place it in the refrigerator.
- Grab the jar out of the refrigerator in the morning and stir in sliced almonds or your favorite toppings.
- Enjoy your easy meal on the go!