Are you looking for the best Instant Pot Potato Leek Soup recipe? Our recipe is full of flavor and easy to prepare in any pressure cooker. The kids even approve!
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) of organic unsalted butter
- 4 large leeks, white and light green sections thinly sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 pounds white potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1/2″ cubes
- 3 pints (6 cups) homemade chicken broth
- 2-3 dried bay leaves
- 1-2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Real Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Chives, thinly sliced (for garnish)
- Add the butter to your Instant Pot, then turn on Saute mode and allow the butter to melt.
- Once the butter is melted, add the leeks and garlic to the Instant Pot, and saute while stirring frequently until everything has softened. It usually takes 8-10 minutes.
- Next, add the chicken stock, white potatoes, bay leaves, fresh thyme, salt, pepper and garlic powder to the Instant Pot and stir to combine.
- Place the lid on your Instant Pot, then turn on Soup mode for 15 minutes.
- Allow the pressure to release naturally.
- Once the pressure has dissipated, remove the lid from the Instant Pot. Take the thyme stems and bay leaves out of the pan and discard.
- Use an immersion blender to puree your Instant Pot Potato Leek Soup. Once it’s smooth, stir in heavy whipping cream and turn the Instant Pot back on Saute. Allow the soup to come to a gentle simmer, stirring constantly.
- If it’s too thin, allow it too cook down a bit. If it’s too thick, you can add more chicken stock or heavy whipping cream. Taste and adjust spices, if necessary.
- Serve garnished with chives.