Over the last few years, I have truly come to love homemade beauty products. I have only recently delved into makeup and cosmetics, and I've found it's not much harder than making bath and beauty products.
I love how I can combine safe, natural ingredients to create my own beauty products and cosmetics that are not only better for our skin and body, but can be customized to suit my needs.
Dark glass containers are best when using essential oils in your homemade beauty products, especially citrus essential oils, as they may break down plastic. Sunlight may also affect essential oil quality.
DIY Honey Cinnamon Lip Gloss Tutorial
Ingredients (For Each Pot of Gloss)
- 3 teaspoons coconut oil
- 3 teaspoons beeswax pastilles
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 drops cinnamon essential oil
- 2 drops orange essential oil
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- Makeup pots, glass pots like these are best
- Decide how many pots of honey cinnamon lipgloss you want to make, then place the appropriate amount of coconut oil and beeswax into a double boiler, stirring constantly until melted and well combined.
- Stir in ground cinnamon until well combined.
- Stir in the honey until well combined.
- Stir in the essential oils.
- Transfer the lip gloss mixture quickly to individual lip gloss pots and allow to set.
- The lipgloss will melt if left in a warm place. You can re-set it by placing the lip gloss pots in the refrigerator for a few minutes.