I love smoothies during the summer, but lately I’ve been trying to incorporate even more vegetables into our diet. I have been reading a lot about the benefits of a green smoothie, so I decided to give it a shot.
I always read that you need a really good blender – like a Blendtec Blender – to make green smoothies super smooth. So I figured our Ninja blender could do a good enough job. It blended everything up really well, but I couldn’t get it quite as smooth as I’d like.
That's why we ended up with a Blendtec Blender – and I'll never look back! It's the most amazing blender I could ever imagine. The right blender makes all the difference when you're making a green smoothie.
Here’s my basic green smoothie recipe.Print
Green Smoothie Recipe
Looking for the perfect green smoothie to get your veggie fill? This green smoothie recipe will get your body loving leafy greens, veggies and fruits.
- Yield: 3
- Category: Smoothie
- Cuisine: Breakfast
- 2 cups of filtered water (the colder the better)
- 10-12 cups of chopped organic leafy greens (spinach, kale, romaine lettuce, chard, arugula, etc.)
- 2 stalks of organic celery, sliced
- Up to 1 cup of fresh green organic herbs such as parsley or cilantro (optional)
- 2 organic apples or pears (peeled, cored and chopped)
- 1 organic banana
- 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed organic lemon juice
- Put water and leafy greens in your blender
- Blend, starting on low speed and increasing speed, until the mix is smooth
- Add your celery, herbs and apples/pears, and continue blending
- Finally, add the banana and lemon juice and blend until smooth
- This green smoothie recipes makes about 4 servings. I like to pour it into pint-sized mason jars and store in the refrigerator so it’s easy just to grab a jar in the morning. They should last for about 2-3 days refrigerated.
It takes a lot of people a while to get used to the taste of a real green smoothie. You can add some ice to your blender as well; the extra chill may help you adjust to the taste.