Last Updated on
I loved lipgloss as a young girl, so I created this easy natural roll-on lip gloss with yummy customizable flavor options for my daughters. I hope you’ll love this simple tutorial for making a DIY Roll-On Lip Gloss with the best fun flavors.
Do you remember those roll-on lip gloss bottles from when we are kids? I have fond memories of applying all of the different fun flavors. Of course I knew nothing about the safety of ingredients in beauty products back then.
Now that I know better, I don’t allow my daughters to use those lip gloss bottles I grew up with. I don’t want them to miss out on the fun, though, so I decided to try making my own DIY roll-on lip gloss bottles I can feel safe sharing with my girls.
In less than 5 minutes, you can make several bottles of your own custom flavored roll-on lip gloss. While the initial purchase of natural beauty ingredients may seem a bit steep, they go a long way, can be used in many DIY recipes, and the cost of each roll-on lip gloss bottle is very inexpensive.
I make a ton of different homemade beauty products, so I always have these ingredients on hand. While I personally prefer to pick and choose my ingredients individually, if you’re looking for something simple for a birthday party or something, you can also buy kits that have everything you need to make lip gloss.
Some great flavors for your lip gloss are:
- Orange and vanilla (add a ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract)
- Bergamot and grapefruit
- Peppermint and lavender
- Cinnamon and orange (cinnamon is great for lip plumping)
- Peppermint and orange
If you’re looking for flavors reminiscent of the lip gloss rollers of our childhood, you can try using natural flavoring oils. You can find all sorts of fun flavors like strawberry, butter pecan, root beer and mango. You can choose your favorite 6 flavors with this kit.
Of course, you can also purchase a pre-made natural lip gloss, but it’s not as much fun as making your own. Are you ready to learn how to make roll-on lip gloss? Let’s get started!
DIY Roll-On Lip Gloss Tutorial
- Essential oil dropper
- Small mixing bowl
- Remove the top of the roller bottle, if necessary. Combine the fractionated coconut oil, jojoba oil and your chosen essential oils in a small dish, then transfer the mixture to your roller bottle using a small dropper or pipette.
- Replace the top of the roller bottle securely, then apply the cap. Shake, then your roll-on-lip gloss is ready to use.
- Roller bottles can be cleaned, sanitized and reused and they are super simple to fill!
What essential oils do you like in your roll-on lip gloss?
Purchase pre-made roll-on lip gloss on Amazon.