Are you looking for the best natural cold remedy? Our Lemon Ginger Cold Busting Tonic is a fast and easy to make drink for kids and for adults.
This cold and flu season seems to be one of the worst I remember. Even though we homeschool, our kids keep bringing home bugs to share with us.
We made it through the flu, a cold and another minor virus and I'm hoping that means we're done for the season! If not, I'm happy to know so many natural home remedies for colds.
While I'm a huge fan of the Master Tonic (aka Fire Cider), it's a bit too much for some people to tolerate. So I wanted to bring you a milder natural cold tonic.
Today, I want to share this Lemon Ginger Cold Busting Tonic recipe with you. It uses ingredients you probably already have on hand, so you can reach into your fridge and pantry and whip up a batch quickly!
I love the combination of lemon and ginger for supporting optimal health. It make a great tea combo too.
I hope your family stays healthy the rest of this cold and flu season. However, if your family is battling a cold, give this natural cold remedy a try and let us know how it worked for you and your family.
Natural Cold Remedy: Lemon Ginger Cold Busting Tonic
Makes one serving of Lemon Ginger Cold Busting Tonic.
- ½ large lemon
- Small knob of ginger
- 3 tablespoons raw honey (local is best)
- 1 ½ tablespoons raw apple cider vinegar
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Filtered arm water
- Cut your lemon in half. Set one half aside (you wont' need it so you can put it away unless you're making a second batch now) and cut the other half into small wedges.
- Pour the raw honey into a small glass.
- Add the apple cider vinegar to the glass, and stir the contents well. It may take a little work to get it to combine.
- Peel and cut a small knob of ginger about 1 inch in size into thin slices.
- Add the ginger slices to the glass with the honey and apple cider vinegar.
- Add the lemon wedges to the glass with the other ingredients.
- Sprinkle a dash of cayenne pepper over the lemons in the glass.
- Top up your glass with filtered warm water.
- Whisk or stir your cold busting tonic until all of the ingredients are well combined.
- Drink your natural cold busting tonic remedy once a day to ward off a cold, or to help you recover more quickly from one.