Last Updated on
I am a dipper. I love dipping veggies and gluten free crackers in tasty things. We eat a lot of hummus and guacamole in our house, so why not combine those two and get the best of both worlds in a single dip? You get the protein and fiber from garbanzo beans and the good fats from avocados – yum!
This recipe for garbanzo guacamole dip makes a great after-school or after-workout snack, and would be a great healthful snack choice for your next party or get together. It just uses a few simple ingredients and can be prepared in just minutes. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
Garbanzo Guacamole Snack Dip Recipe
- 1 cup cooked and cooled (or canned) garbanzo beans (aka chick peas)
- 1 organic lemon, juiced
- A pinch of fresh organic cilantro
- 2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 of an organic avocado
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium mixing bowl, smash all of the ingredients (except the cilantro) together. Alternatively, you can place them in a blender for a few seconds to roughly blend it.
- Transfer the dip to a pretty serving bowl and top with the fresh organic cilantro.
- It makes a great dip for gluten free crackers, organic tortilla chips or organic veggies. You can also use it in a sandwich or on top of toast.