Are you looking for a fun Earth Day craft to do with your children? This adorable globe ornament is an interactive craft that's fun for the whole family!
Earth Day is one of my favorite days of the year. While we consider the Earth in our decisions each and every day, it's a special day where those who aren't always eco-conscious can decide to make better choices in the future.
I especially love Earth Day because it's a chance to introduce children to the importance of protecting our planet. Children are little sponges, and really soak up any and all knowledge that you share with them!
Since kids learn well through play, I like to teach about caring for the Earth through crafts. You can have them create something while talking about why they're creating it.
We had a bunch of leftover fillable ornaments from some Christmas crafting we did, so I decided we should make globe ornamaments in honor of Earth Day this year.
It's a super fun and easy craft. It can be done at home with your children, at a class even, Girl Scout meeting or just about anywhere children gather. It's even fun for adults to get in on making an Earth Day craft of their own!
- Clear/empty fillable ornaments
- White craft paint, blue craft paint and green craft paint
- Hemp twine or ribbon for hanging
- Newspaper or old towel
- Lay down some newspaper as this craft can get messy. Protect your surface so that when you shake the ornament, it is protected from paint splatters.
- Take the lid off the ornament and add in about 1 teaspoon of green paint. Slowly twirl the ornament so the paint is allowed to move and swirl.
- Add in a teaspoon of the white paint. You will do the same thing, slowly twisting and turning the ornament so the paint can distribute.
- Add your final color, the blue paint, and this time swirl it for a moment before replacing the lid of the ornament.
- Press your finger over the ornament top to hold it in place and give the entire piece a quick shake. Shake it for about 15-20 seconds to really get the paint mixed up. Don’t over do it or all of the colors will mix and the whole thing will turn brown.
- Once the inside of your ornament is completely covered in paint, remove the lid of the ornament and allow it to dry.
- Replace the lid after about 1 hour and add a piece of ribbon or twine for hanging.
- Your Earth Day Globe Ornament Craft is now ready to be displayed.