Learn how to make this homemade all purpose skin healing salve recipe with essential oils and get a free printable label.
Ever since I first learned about the overuse of antibiotics, I have tried to limit our exposure so that when we need them, they’ll work. Antibiotics are a life-saving invention, and we don’t need to use them all of the time.
Once area where we’ve stopped using conventional antibiotic ointments unless we see signs of infection brewing. Instead, we’ve started using Curoxen when we want something that is already prepared.
When I have time, I like to make my own skin balms and salves like this Skin Healing Salve for cuts and scrapes. It works wonderfully well and is quick and easy to make once you have the ingredients.
Skin Healing Salve for Cuts and Scrapes Recipe
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup beeswax pellets
- 2-3 drops tea tree essential oil
- 2-3 drops lavender essential oil
- 2-3 drops frankincense essential oil
- 2-3 drops lemon essential oil
- 2-3 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- 1-ounce metal or glass storage jar
- Double Boiler
- Free Printable Label
- Add the coconut oil and the olive oil to a double boiler over medium heat.
- Stir together, then add the beeswax pellets to the double boiler and stir until the wax and oils are melted and well combined.
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow them to cool slightly.
- Add the drops essential oil to the melted oil and wax.
- Transfer your skin healing salve into your glass storage container. It will solidify as it cools. It should take a couple of hours to cool completely.
- Once it’s completely cool, you can put the lid on. Do not do it before it’s completely cool or you’ll create condensation that can cause mold and bacterial growth.
- You can use the salve for minor cuts and scrapes, minor burns, dry patches of skin or for diaper rash.
- Store in a cool place so your salve won’t melt in higher temperatures.