Natural Remedies: Master Tonic Recipe
- Prep Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Category: Wellness
Tools and Equipment
- Cheese grater
- Cutting board
- Chef knife
- Large bowl
- Large glass jars with lids
- Cheesecloth and colander
- Plate (that will fit in your strainer)
- Amber bottles
Ingredients (fresh and organic preferred)
- 1 part fresh chopped organic garlic
- 1 part fresh chopped organic white onion
- 1 part fresh grated ginger root
- 1 part fresh grated horseradish root
- 1 part fresh chopped hot peppers (cayenne, habanero, serrano, jalapeño, etc.)
- Organic raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar (1 gallon recommended)
- Prepare all of your ingredients (chop, grate, etc.).
- Fill a glass jar about ¾ full with equal parts of the chopped and grated ingredients. You can use big gallon glass jars or smaller quart-sized mason jars like I used.
- Fill your jar(s) to the top with your raw apple cider vinegar. Make sure the ingredients are completely covered by the apple cider vinegar.
- Close the jar(s) and shake vigorously to mix everything together.
- Store the jar(s) in a dark place and be sure to shake them once a day for at least 2 weeks. Mine sat in the cabinet for about 2 months. (You can also place them in a paper bag on your counter.)
- Place a colander over a bowl and line the colander with cheesecloth.
- Place the mixture in the colander and use a plate to press the moisture out of the mixture into the bowl.
- You can wrap the cheesecloth around the remaining mixture to squeeze the rest of the moisture out of it.
- Pour the liquid through a funnel into amber bottles (I used 8 oz bottles, but you can use any size you like). I put a secondary filter in the funnel to make sure I didn’t miss any chunks. I ended up with enough master tonic for 18, 8-oz bottles!
Using the Tonic
- First, I’m going to warn you – The Master Tonic isn’t for the faint of heart. It’s spicy and it’s potent. You’ll probably feel a sense of shock when it hits your mouth, but the health benefits are worth it.
- For daily immune boosting, drink 1-2 ounces, two or more times each day. Just put it in your mouth, swish around, gargle and swallow. Don’t dilute it with water or the effect won’t be as powerful.
- If you’re fighting an infection, take the tonic 5-6 times per day. It can be used during pregnancy and it’s safe for children (use smaller doses) since food is completely non-toxic.
- You can make a huge batch each time since it doesn’t need refrigeration and it will indefinitely without any special storage conditions.