Did you know that for every pound of new goods produced, 71 pounds of waste are generated during manufacturing? Yikes! Earth Week is in just a few weeks, and NBCUniversal is partnering with the yerdle, anew mission-driven California Benefit corporation that’s out to help people share with their friends rather than buying things brand new.
On yerdle, friends post items they’re willing to give away or loan, search for items they’re looking to get, and nab the things they want. After all, one person’s junk is another person’s treasure!
Here’s how the Share & Tell App Works:
- Join or host a Share & Tell Party (click the “Join the Party” button in the app below).
- Post your stuff to share with friends. Discover other items that are up for grabs.
- Tell the story of your sharing experiences on your favorite social media site. #ShareandTell.
Here are some fun features of the NBC Share and Tell App:
- How Are You Green? (Eco Quiz). It’s not easy being green…(or is it?) We all want to take better care of our environment and go green, but the question is… How are YOU Green? Take the Eco quiz to find out!
- 7 Easy Ways to Start Sharing Now. Now, more than ever, sharing makes sense. Getting started sharing is simpler than you think! Read about 7 easy ways to start sharing now and create healthier, happier families and communities.
- Real Life Share and Tell Stories. Read real life stories of how sharing on yerdle has helped people just like you get the stuff they need – without buying a thing!
- Get Social. Tweet with the #ShareandTell hashtag to get your friends excited about NBC’s Share and Tell app!
- Host Your Own Share and Tell Party! – Create your own Share and Tell Party with your friends and family and share your unused stuff during Earth Week!
Check Out the App!