Last Updated on
Our gluten free Instant Pot meatloaf is healthy and easy to make, even if you’re new to pressure cooking.
Meatloaf is one of my family’s favorite meals to eat during the colder months because the oven heats up the house nicely. However, with warmer weather here to stay for the next several months, we’ve been making more of our favorite recipes in the Instant Pot.
After a little bit of trial and error, I think we’ve come upon a delicious Instant Pot Meatloaf recipe that won’t heat up your house more than need be. And it’s a lot easier to clean out the Instant Pot than the entire oven when the grease starts splattering. I hate cleaning the oven!
If you’re looking for the best and easiest Instant Pot Meatloaf recipe, give this one a try and let us know what you think!
Gluten Free Instant Pot Meatloaf Recipe
Instant Pot Meatloaf
- 1 pound grassfed ground beef
- 1 pound heritage ground pork
- 2-3 pastured eggs you will need the third if using lean meat like we get from ButcherBox
- 1/2 medium organic onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon organic garlic minced
- 1/2 cup organic BBQ sauce
- 2 tablespoons organic ketchup or tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Grease a 6" cake pan or springform pan. If you use a springform pan, make sure you line the outside of the pan with foil as well.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the eggs, 1/4 cup of BBQ sauce, onion and garlic.
- Once it's well combined, add the egg, BBQ sauce, onion and garlic mixture to the ground meats, then use your hands to combine everything really well.
- Transfer the meatloaf mixture to your prepared pan and press it in evenly using your hands.
- Stir until well combined, then spread half of the sauce over the top of the meatloaf.
- Place the trivet in your Instant Pot and add 1 cup of filtered water.
- Place the meatloaf pan on the trivet and secure the lid of the Instant Pot.
- Set your Instant Pot on high pressure for 30 minutes on manual. Use a natural pressure release.