Last Updated on
These gluten free strawberry oatmeal bars are a hit with the whole family.
I am always playing with yummy snack recipes that the whole family will love. During this time of year, most of those snacks feature seasonal fruits. Now that our farmer’s market is back in full swing, we’ve been enjoying the locally grown strawberries – yum!
Sometimes I want something a little more hearty than just a handful of berries though. That’s where these Strawberry Oatmeal Bars come in. They have a crispy, buttery crust. It’s basically like a strawberry pie in bar form. It can’t get much better than that!
If you’re looking for a delicious snack your whole family will love, give these Gluten Free Strawberry Oatmeal Bars a try. For a different flavor, you can replace the strawberries with 2 cups of mixed of berries, cherries, apples or your favorite fruit. Just strive to use organic fruit, especially strawberries and apples, to avoid pesticide exposure. You can even make these oatmeal bars with flour that isn’t gluten free if you so fancy 🙂
Gluten Free Strawberry Oatmeal Bars Recipe
Gluten Free Strawberry Oatmeal Bars
- 1 cup organic old fashioned rolled oats
- ¾ cup gluten free flour
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 teaspoon non-GMO cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice from about ½ small lemon
- 1 tablespoon organic cane sugar divided
- 2 cups small-diced organic strawberries
- Place a rack in the center of your oven and pre-heat to 375 degrees F.
- Pour in the melted butter and stir until it forms clumps and the dry ingredients are evenly moistened.
- Set aside ½ cup of the crumble mixture, then press the rest into an even layer in the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Scatter the remaining berries, then the remaining ½ tablespoon sugar.
- Sprinkle the reserved ½ cup crumb mixture evenly on top. Berries will be peeking through the topping.
- Bake the bars for 35-40 minutes, until the fruit is bubbly and topping is golden. Cool on a wire rack completely.
- Once cooled, pull bars out of the pan using the parchment paper, then slice and serve.
- These are best stored in the refrigerator.