Last Updated on
My lovely aunt always has recipes that I adore. I originally posted this recipe on our Uruguay blog a few years ago, but now that the weather is warming up, I’m craving more raw fruits and veggies. However, I get tired of eating the same salads over and over again, and I like to mix it up.
This recipe is a nice change from the standard cole slaw you’ll find at BBQs. It has a unique flavor, and it’s always a huge hit whenever I make it. While I think peanuts make the recipe, you can omit them, serve them on the side or replace them with cashews if you have a peanut allergy.
To make it a main meal, you can add some grilled chicken or shrimp to it.
Thai Cole Slaw Recipe
Cole Slaw Ingredients
- 1 medium head of organic cabbage, shredded
- ¼ cup organic red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons organic cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons organic parsley, chopped
- ½ cup organic celery, diced
- 1 cup roasted peanuts
- Combine all dressing ingredients, then place in the refrigerator to marinate for at least one hour. It’s best to make the dressing the day you plan to use it as it has a short shelf life.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the salad ingredients and toss until well combined.
- Just before you’re ready to serve your Thai Cole Slaw, pour the marinated dressing over the vegetables, then toss until well combined.
- I even love this cole slaw leftover the next day. It’s not as crisp, but the flavor gets infused into the slaw.
This post is linked up at Allergy Free Wednesday.