Sugar scrub cubes are one of the funnest DIY beauty products to make. I love how smooth these Cherry Limeade Sugar Scrub Bars leave your skin feeling!
Ever since I lost all the weight, I have finally allowed myself to practice self love and self care on a regular basis.
I hate that I didn’t allow myself to care for myself more deeply in the past. However, there is nothing that I can do about the past, except for move forward in love and joy, and that’s what I’m doing.
Cherry limeade is one of my favorite drinks to indulge in when I’m not watching my sugar intake. It has the perfect flavor balance of sweet and tart, and it always makes me smile.
Didn’t they turn out beautiful? I almost didn’t want to use them! However, the scent is just divine, and I’m so glad I did.
If you’re looking for a fun DIY beauty project that will help you ring in the summer months, make a batch of these Cherry Limeade Sugar Scrub Bars. I think you’ll adore them!
You’ll get about a dozen from this recipe, so there are plenty to share with a friend.
Cherry Limeade Sugar Scrub Bars Recipe
Ingredients and Supplies
- 1/2 cup shea butter melt and pour soap base – cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, divided
- 10-12 drops lime essential oil
- 3-4 drops cherry flavoring oil
- 1 tablespoon lime zest (organic preferred)
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided plus 2 tablespoons
- Soap colorant that’s safe for skin
- Silicone mold (or ice cube tray)
- Double boiler
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of sugar and the lime zest into the bottom of each of the silicone mold cavities and set aside.
- Shred or cut the shea butter into small pieces and place half of them into a double boiler.
- Add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil to the double boiler and stir frequently to combine as they melt.
- Once it’s clear and melted, remove the pan from the heat and add the cherry flavoring oil and 1-2 drops of red soap colorant and stir well.
- Add 1/2 cup sugar to the pink mixture and stir well to incorporate. It will harden quickly so transfer the sugared mixture into the cubed molds, filling each cavity halfway.
- Repeat this process with the remaining shea butter soap cubes and 2 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Once they’ve melted in the double boiler, remove the pan from the heat and add the lime essential oil and 2-3 drops of lime colorant and stir well.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar and mix well. Spoon the lime sugar mixture into the molds, on top of the cherry mixture. Press down firmly, up to the top of each mold.
- Freeze for 1 hour to allow the sugar cubes to completely harden.
- Release the exfoliating cherry limeade sugar cubes from their molds and store in an airtight glass container.