Ever since I lost all the weight, I have finally allowed myself to practice self love and self care on a regular basis.
I hate that I didn't allow myself to care for myself more deeply in the past. However, there is nothing that I can do about the past, except for move forward in love and joy, and that's what I'm doing.
Didn't they turn out beautiful? I almost didn't want to use them! However, the scent is just divine, and I'm so glad I did.
If you're looking for a fun DIY beauty project that will help you ring in the summer months, make a batch of these Cherry Limeade Sugar Scrub Bars. I think you'll adore them!
You'll get about a dozen from this recipe, so there are plenty to share with a friend.
Cherry Limeade Sugar Scrub Bars Recipe
Ingredients and Supplies
- 1/2 cup shea butter melt and pour soap base – cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, divided
- 10-12 drops lime essential oil
- 3-4 drops cherry flavoring oil
- 1 tablespoon lime zest (organic preferred)
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided plus 2 tablespoons
- Soap colorant that's safe for skin
- Silicone mold (or ice cube tray)
- Double boiler
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of sugar and the lime zest into the bottom of each of the silicone mold cavities and set aside.
- Shred or cut the shea butter into small pieces and place half of them into a double boiler.
- Add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil to the double boiler and stir frequently to combine as they melt.
- Once it's clear and melted, remove the pan from the heat and add the cherry flavoring oil and 1-2 drops of red soap colorant and stir well.
- Add 1/2 cup sugar to the pink mixture and stir well to incorporate. It will harden quickly so transfer the sugared mixture into the cubed molds, filling each cavity halfway.
- Repeat this process with the remaining shea butter soap cubes and 2 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Once they've melted in the double boiler, remove the pan from the heat and add the lime essential oil and 2-3 drops of lime colorant and stir well.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar and mix well. Spoon the lime sugar mixture into the molds, on top of the cherry mixture. Press down firmly, up to the top of each mold.
- Freeze for 1 hour to allow the sugar cubes to completely harden.
- Release the exfoliating cherry limeade sugar cubes from their molds and store in an airtight glass container.
Please share with friends who'd love these Cherry Limemade Sugar Scrub Cubes!