When it comes to entertaining, I love preparing easy appetizers. While the easy appetizers I normally prepare can be pretty simple like veggies and hummus or chips and guacamole, sometimes I like to prepare something a bit more hearty – but healthy too.
Kale. It comes in my CSA product box every single week. I love kale. I love using kale in soups, salads, smoothies and stir fries – and who doesn't love kale chips? But sometimes I like to get more creative with my kale, so I decided to add it to a delicious shrimp and cheese dip!
You can supercharge your easy appetizers by adding nutrient packed veggies like kale. Fortunately my kids love kale, so they're willing to try anything I make. Just say the words cheese dip and they're definitely on board to taste test.
If you're looking for a new easy appetizer to prepare, give this Shrimp + Kale Four Cheese Dip Recipe a try.
Easy Appetizers: Shrimp + Kale Four Cheese Dip Recipe
CAUTION: this is cheesy!Print
- 18 Fully Cooked Shrimp
- 1 cup Chopped Kale
- ½ cup Mushrooms
- ½ cup Tri-Color Peppers
- 8 Grape Tomatoes
- ¼ cup Green Onions
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- ½ cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese (shredded)
- ¼ cup Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- ¼ cup Feta Cheese (crumbled)
- ¼ cup Smoked Gouda Cheese (shredded)
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cayenne Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven at 400 degrees F.
- Please note that if you have purchased frozen chopped kale, mushrooms, and tri-color peppers you can simply measure them out and they are ready to be cooked. If not, you will need to wash and dice these vegetables during prep.
- Pour 1 tbsp. olive oil in a small pan. Heat on medium to high. Add kale and garlic powder to pan and sauté for 8-10 minutes, reducing heat to low about 6 minutes in. Remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, add softened cream cheese, Greek yogurt, shredded cheddar, shredded Parmesan, and kale. Stir. Set aside.
- Wash and dice 8 grape tomatoes into small pieces.
- In the same pan used to sauté the kale, add 1 tbsp. olive oil and heat on medium to high. Add tri-color peppers, mushrooms, and grape tomatoes to pan and sauté for 8-10 minutes, reducing heat to low about 6 minutes in. Remove from heat.
- Add tri-colored peppers, mushrooms, grape tomatoes, shredded smoked Gouda and crumbled feta to bowl mixture. Stir.
- Wash and chop 18 fully cooked shrimp and dice green onion into small pieces. Add shrimp, green onion, ground cayenne pepper, and lemon juice to bowl mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir. Test your dip. Once your dip is as you like it, scoop it into an oven-safe dish.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for approximately 10 minutes (stirring the dip halfway through if you’d like). Remove from the oven and your chunky shrimp 4-cheese kale dip is ready to serve! Best enjoyed as an appetizer with tortilla chips.
What are your favorite easy appetizers to make for parties?
Looking for more easy appetizers? Give these a try:
- Caprese & Antipasto Skewers
- Bacon & Jalepeno Cheese Ball
- Shrimp Salad Bites
- Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Dates
- BLT Skewers
- Bacon Avocado Cheddar Bites
- Creamy Tuna Bacon + Hot Spinach Dip