Learn how to make the best homemade spice mixes and seasonings. We've perfected these recipes over the years, and love sharing them with your family.
Somehow I have become well known for my homemade spice mixes and seasonings over the years. I started making them when we lived in Uruguay because spice blends weren't a thing at the store, and I haven't stopped.
I've gone from making my spice mixes in small batches, to making quart-sized jars of our more commonly used spice mixes, which is most of the ones on this list.
It seems like I make an entire quart sized mason jar, and it's gone before I even know it! I'm pretty sure the kids, especially Kaylee, sneak extra spices when I'm not looking, so you know they're kid approved LOL.
If you are looking to make a simple change in your home, making your own spice mixes and blends is an easy place to start! I hope you find a new family favorite on this list.
Here are my current favorite homemade spice mixes and blends:
- Cajun Seasoning – spicy and great on chicken!
- Paprika Chicken Spice – a more mellow flavor for chicken. Sometimes we mix it with Cajun for extra spice.
- Italian Spice Mix – you can use this in sauces, as a rub or to make a dressing or dip!
- Onion Soup Mix – I use this mix on my pot roasts, in stew and to make onion dip.
- Taco Seasoning – a super simple taco spice mix that isn't too spicy.
- Jamaican Jerk Seasoning – I was inspired to make this after visiting Jamaica!
- Homemade Ranch Seasoning – use on meat or veggies, or to make a dip or dressing.
- Enchilada Sauce Spice Mixyou won't buy enchilada sauce again when you see how easy this yummy mix is to make
- Pumpkin Pie Spice Mix – a twist on the norm with cardamom!
- Chai Tea Spice Blend – use this blend to make your own chai tea flavors at home.