Last Updated on
Since I have finally been able to eat eggs again (only eggs from the Farmer’s Market that are corn and soy free), I have been making more dishes again that include them. One of our favorite breakfasts and impromptu meals when we were living in Uruguay was egg sandwiches. Eggs were totally free range, cheap and delicious.
Over the last year, I have really missed the convenience of frying up some eggs and making a tasty sandwich. There are so many different combinations you can come up with, depending upon your mood and what you have in the fridge. If I had bacon, I would have included that (nitrate free of course)!
Mushroom & Onion Quiche Sandwich Recipe
- 3 farm fresh eggs
- 2 tablespoons minced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon minced sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (I like Nutiva and Tropical Traditions)
- A slice of your favorite cheese
- Cilantro jalepeno garlic spread (or your favorite spread)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add the coconut oil to your frying pan – I used our square cast iron pan for this recipe – and let it get hot.
- Pour the minced mushrooms and onions into the pan with the coconut oil and saute until the onions are translucent.
- Scramble the eggs in a small mixing bowl and pour them into the pan. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Allow the eggs to cook until they are set and you can easily flip it over in the pan.
- Once the eggs are set, flip them over and cook for another couple minutes until it is cooked through.
- Remove from the pan and add to your favorite (gluten free) bread, top with a slice of cheese and your favorite spread.
- Serve with a side of greens – this makes a great breakfast, lunch or dinner!