I have had a version of this recipe pinned for quite a while now, so I finally found an excuse to make it! Somehow I always end up designated to bring a sweet treat to BBQs, so I love that this one is only sweetened with raw honey.
The chocolate chips are completely optional, and you can substitute dried fruit or chopped nuts in their place. I remembered after we mixed the chocolate chips in that we have some dried strawberries I’ve been wanting to try, so those will go in the next round!
No-Bake Energy “Cookie” Balls Recipe
- 1 cup gluten-free oats (dry, not cooked)
- 2/3 cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- ½ cup almond butter (or your favorite nut butter)
- ½ cup ground flaxseed
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix together thoroughly.
- Put bowl in refrigerator and allow the mixture to chill ½ hour.
- Take the bowl out of the refrigerator and roll into balls into your preferred size.
- Store your treats in an airtight container (keep refrigerated) for up to 1 week.
These are super yummy, and the added bonus is I don't have to use the oven on an already warm day! Enjoy!