Last Updated on
Sipping on lemonade reminds me of childhood, so I love making it from scratch. This homemade strawberry lemonade is the best, most refreshing treat after a long day in the sun!
Warm weather has officially arrived in the mountains, and that has me craving cold, refreshing beverages. While I love a big glass of ice cold water to cool me down, I do like to switch it up with a special treat every now and then.
Since the Farmer’s Market is back in full swing, we’ve been buying big, red, delicious strawberries every week. I love how affordable they are this time of year, so we’ve been taking advantage of that by making lots of smoothies and other treats like this Strawberry Lemonade.
This recipe is easy to make, and super yummy too! This recipe will make one pitcher of Strawberry Lemonade.
The Best Strawberry Lemonade Recipe
- 6 large organic lemons
- 1/2 cup organic strawberry puree
- 4 large organic strawberries cut up
- 1 1/4 cups organic cane sugar
- 2-3 cups hot filtered water
- 2 cups ice
- Start by adding about one cup of strawberries to your blender and puree for a few seconds and set aside. I use a Blendtec blender because it really pulverizes the seeds and gets it very smooth.
- Next add about 2 inches of hot water to the bottom of the pitcher. Then add in your sugar and mix until dissolved.
- Cut and squeeze 5 of your lemons into the pitcher. I like to use a hand juicer.
- Add in your strawberry puree and mix until combined.
- Then add in 2 cups of ice and stir a little more.
- After it's mixed well and tastes to your liking, add in one cut up lemon and 4 cut up strawberries.
- Wa la - the best homemade strawberry lemonade!