I love the outdoors, but I hate bugs. If you’re like me you prefer to choose a natural bug repellent over the toxic chemical stuff. I know many bugs have their purpose in our eco-system, but I don’t want them on my front porch. That’s why I’m always on the lookout for new natural bug repellent ideas, preferably ones that won’t make me smelly.
I am an essential oil fanatic. We use essential oils for so many different things in our home, and we love using NatureShield when it comes to protecting us from creepy crawling flying critters. When we lived in San Diego, we always had citronella candles going in our backyard. So I really liked the idea of making my own candle using my NatureShield essential oil blend.
Not only is this DIY Natural Bug Repellent Floating Candle Jar functional, but it’s pretty too! It’ll have your guests asking where they can get one of their own. Be sure to send them here 🙂
DIY Natural Bug Repellent Floating Candle JarPrint
Do you hate bugs flying around your porch as much as me? Give this DIY Natural Bug Repellent Floating Candle Jar using essential oils a try. It’s functional and pretty too.
- Fill your mason jar with water, nearly to the top.
- Add the slice of lemon and the rosemary sprig to the water.
- Add 10-15 drops of the essential oil blend.
- Place the floating candle on top.
- This decorative jar will keep the mosquitos and other bugs away.
- Replace the lemon slice and water every 2-3 days.