Last Updated on
This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Duck Brand. All opinions are 100% mine.
I have been saving wine corks for a while with the idea that *someday* I’d do something crafty with them. I love being crafty, I just don’t always have the time. Then I stumbled across a post about making a wine cork bath mat that inspired me.
I knew I didn’t have enough wine corks to make a project that big, but I really liked the idea of using the wine corks to make something practical. So I came up with the idea of using the same concept and turning it into a trivet since my favorite bamboo one broke recently.
It’s a very easy project and you only need a few simple supplies. I used Duck Brand’s Shelf Liner as the base of the trivet because they’re non-stick and durable, yet easy to cut. They are also available in a ton of different patterns even though I chose a neutral color for this project. So while they are awesome for lining shelves, there are so many other creative and crafty uses for them!
I have some other ideas on how I’ll use them in the future, but for now I’ll show you how to make a DIY Wine Cork Trivet using them!
DIY Wine Cork Trivet Tutorial
- 12 wine corks
- Duck® Brand Shelf Liner
- Rotary cutter or Xacto type knife
- Sharp kitchen or pocket knife
- Self healing mat
- Durable ruler
- Hot glue gun
- Sand paper (optional)
- Cut all of your wine corks in half length wise with a sharp knife. You can sand them with some coarse sand paper if your cut isn’t smooth.
- Arrange your corks into a square on your self healing mat. This allows you to measure how big of a piece of shelf liner you’ll need.
- Measure out your Duck® Brand Shelf Liner and cut it to size using your rotary cutter or Xacto knife.
- Hot glue each cork piece onto the shelf liner and continue until they are all glued on.
- After it has cooled, you can trim any excess shelf liner from the edges of your wine cork trivet and it’s ready to use!
Have you ever made a craft using Duck® Brand Shelf Liner? What craft would you like to see using them?
Duck® Brand is on Facebook and Pinterest. Be sure to follow them for inspiration and craft ideas!