We see a Functional Medicine Doctor on Monday and we couldn't be more happy or grateful.
Hi everyone, Brian here. I'm going to be a lot more active on Happy Mothering while Chrystal is healing and from here forward. For those of you who don't know me, I'm Chrystal's husband.
If you don't know what's going on with Chrystal and her health crisis, here's her backstory!
It's 1:45 am on Saturday night/ Sunday morning… Chrystal went to bed at around 9 pm this evening, she's been very tired and she did a lot of resting today. She had the best appetite that she's had for a week, so that's super awesome!!!
Functional Medicine Doctor's Appointment
Something else that's super positive is that we secured an appointment for Monday morning at 9 am in Loma Linda with a new Functional Medicine Doctor. The new Functional Medicine Doctor is “out of network” yet still at the same hospital as Chrystal's other doctors. So the positive side is all of her records are in an online portal and easy to transfer back and forth between doctors and all of the departments. We're super stoked to get the appointment, so much gratitude.
A Functional Medicine Doctor treats symptoms and tries to diagnose the root cause of the issue. We definitely need Chrystal's symptoms treated (which are on the verge of being debilitating) and we really need to find the root cause of the issues so we can treat and stop them. We are very hopeful.
Love, Positivity, Gratitude
I'm trying my hardest… and we're all trying our hardest to really focus on love, positivity, gratitude, and everything that's good and great in our lives. We have the most awesome and wonderful life. We get to spend time together as a family every day. And we're super grateful. We know there are tons of people who would love to live the type of life we do.
Chrystal's health has really made our family come even closer together if that was even possible.
Zoë and Kaylee have been so absolutely wonderful helping. From helping to clean to helping prepare dinner. They're making an extra effort to be on their best behavior. Chrystal and I are so lucky to have such wonderful daughters.
It's hard to believe Zoë is already 10 years old and Kaylee is 8. Time has passed by so super fast. They're both so similar and both so different at the same time. The best is they're absolute best friends with each other. Sure they bicker every once in a while, that's most definitely the exception and not the rule. We are so grateful for our girls.
Some Diet Changes
We eat extremely clean in our home (like all organic) and we've taken even further steps to help keep us healthy. Here are a couple of things we as a family are doing to improve our diet.
- We've cut all processed and added sugar out of our diet. It's not really that big of a deal to us as we don't really have very much sugar in our diet anyway. Sure we love ice cream and cake… that said our health is so much more important than 2 minutes of self-gratification.
- We've cut dairy out of our diet as well. This kind of sucks as we all love cheese, sour cream and everything else made from milk. Regardless, dairy isn't good for health. Humans weren't made to consume the mother's milk of another animal.
- Goodbye coffee. Coffee and I have had a love affair since I was a kid. I will miss coffee… that said, if Chrystal isn't drinking coffee I'm not either.
- White refined everything… buh-bye.
- Gluten, yeah… Chrystal's been gluten-free for a long time. That said, I told Chrystal “we're in this together” and I meant it. Whatever she's eating or not eating… me too.
- No more green tea. I know a bunch of you are like “WTF?????” Yeah… I was like WTF as well when I did a bunch of research and found that green tea uptakes fluoride like it's the cool thing to do while it's growing. The bigger/ older the green tea leaves, the more fluoride is in them. The thyroid will uptake fluoride before uptaking iodine… sooo, buh-bye.
- We're cutting all processed meats out of our lives, goodbye bacon and sausage links. We're also limiting the amount of meat we eat to just a few times a week. We've cut the portions of meat down to where they're no larger than the size of our individual hands. We've been eating meat from ButcherBox since we started working with them back in March of 2017. ButcherBox is organic, free range, farm to your home. Amazingly great quality meat.
- We're cutting back on eating out… to the extreme. Unless we're off the mountain (we live in Big Bear Lake at an elevation of 6900 feet) and need to get food, we'll be preparing all food at home. We're all super fortunate all 4 of us love to cook. Every meal at home from here forward will be made from scratch.
- No more negative news/ media/ anything that isn't helping to positively propel us further on our journey. Because of our location obviously, we'll keep watch of weather, fires, road closures and the like. Other than that stuff, we truly don't care about anything that brings negative stress into our lives.
We have a bunch of other things we're doing as well for our health and to help Chrystal heal… We'll share all of that in time. We are waiting to do everything our new Fucntional Medicine Doctor says before we do much more.
What's going to happen to Happy Mothering?
Happy Mothering is here for the long haul. It's going to start to get a lot more personal.
As far as our blogging business goes. We've created a ton of really awesome material specifically teaching how we grow our business. This information was created and designed for more advanced bloggers and influencers to help them take their business to the next level. We originally intended to sell it… then we decided we'd give the information away for free.
The reason we want to give the information away free is that we both want you all to succeed in the online world. There's so much abundance online right now that everyone has the absolute opportunity to create wealth from the Internet.
I've been creating videos for teaching our knowledge. Since Chrystal's health isn't optimal right now, we're going to be holding off on her doing videos for the time being. No worries though, as soon as the Functional Medicine Doctor helps Chrystal get better we'll be pumping out tons of videos between the 2 of us.
Brian's Social Media – Crazy Dad Speaks
If you're interested in following me all of my social media accounts are listed below. Here's a heads up… my videos are unedited, they are 1 takes of me being super real. If foul language or me drinking a beer on camera would offend you; you should probably not take a chance at getting offended.
- Facebook is facebook.com/crazydadspeaks I pretty much share whatever I feel like sharing. From distributing my informational videos to
- Instagram is instagram.com/crazydadspeaks My IG is simply my daily life… I also have an IGTV channel which I post videos on my general opinion on life.
- Twitter is twitter.com/crazydadspeaks Want to have direct communication with me? There it is.
- Youtube Channel is here if you prefer the tube!
- Podcast is anchor.fm/crazydadspeaks
- Pinterest is pinterest.com/crazydadspeaks/
- SnapChat handle is Crazy Dad Speaks … if you simply want 10 seconds of realness at a time, here you go!!!
Thank you so much for taking your time to read this and to everyone who has reached out to us, sent us prayers, positive vibes and for all of your support. I'll give another health update after we meet with the Functional Medicine Doctor tomorrow. Until next time, keep your head up and keep moving forward!!!