It's super quick and easy to make Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup with Chicken. And even if your kids are picky about vegetables, they'll love them in this form! You can eat it as a meal in itself, or as a starter to a larger meal.
Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup with Chicken Recipe
- 1 head of broccoli florets, chopped
- 1/4 onion, minced or pureed
- 4 chicken drumsticks, fresh or frozen will work
- 1/2 cup organic whole milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups homemade chicken broth or water
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Shredded cheese, optional garnish
- Place all ingredients in your Instant Pot and give it all a good stir.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, put it into sealing mode and select the “Soup/Chili” setting for 12 minutes if using frozen chicken. Decrease the time to 7 minutes if using fresh chicken.
- When the cooking has finished, allow the pressure to release naturally.
- Open the Instant Pot, then check the chicken with a meat thermometer to make sure it has an internal temperature of 165F. Discard the bones.
- Taste your Broccoli Cheese Soup and adjust the seasoning, if necessary.
- Serve with an optional garnish of shredded cheese. A dollop of sour cream is nice too!
Let us know how you like this Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup in the comments below.
Pin This Recipe to Your Instant Pot or Soup Board