Last Updated on
Cherry season is one of my favorite times of the year. Our CSA has had some wonderful cherries, and it inspired me to create this paleo cherry crisp recipe. I have been trying to eat fewer grains and I believe it has really been helping with some of my health challenges.
Even though I don’t eat a lot of sweets, I do enjoy a good dessert every once in a while. I wanted this recipe to only use honey as a sweetener so I wouldn’t feel guilty eating this dessert.
If you’re looking for a good paleo cherry crisp recipe, give this one a try before cherry season is over! They have so many health benefits – enjoy them while you can!
Paleo Cherry Crisp Recipe
Paleo Cherry Crisp Dessert Recipe
- 3 cups fresh cherries washed, stemmed, pitted and cut in half
- 1/2 orange juiced
- Zest of one orange
- 1/2 cup raw local honey
- Bag of unsweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Have a 9-inch tart pan ready.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor.
- Pulse until all ingredients are dough like, then take out of the food processor.
- With your hands, work the dough into a ball.
- Flatten the dough on the bottom of the tart pan and press just like you would with a pizza crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.
- Remove the paleo cherry crisp from the tart pan and allow to completely cool on wire rack.
- Put cherries in a pot with orange zest and juice, then add honey and stir to combine.
- Cook on high heat until it begins to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until the orange juice and honey begin to thicken.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and allow it to cool.
- Next, putt the cherry mixture into a food processor and puree until all of the big chucks are gone.
- If the mixture is still a little watery, drain the liquid.
- Spread the cherry mixture on the crust.