Last Updated on
If you’re looking for a unique homemade soap recipe, you’re in the right place! These DIY Stained Glass Soap Bars are beautiful and make a great natural handmade gift.
As a young girl, I fell in love with stained glass. My friend’s mom made her own stained glass, and I thought it was the coolest thing ever!
Today, as an adult, I still enjoy looking at stained glass and thinking about the hard work and dedication that went into making something so intricate and beautiful.
I figured out a simple way to bring more of that beauty into my life – with DIY stained glass soap! I used cubes, but you can use any shapes you’d prefer such as hearts, circles, stars and more!
These DIY Stained Glass Soap Bars make lovely gifts too. People always wonder how you get this effect – it’s really easy! I hope you enjoy!
DIY Stained Glass Soap Bars
- ½ pound goats milk melt and pour soap base or your preferred soap base, cut into cubes
- Soap Cubes by ArtMinds Purchased at Michaels; may also be purchased online or store-bought colored soap
- 5-10 drops sweet orange essential oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sweet almond oil
- Rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle
- Silicone soap mold
- Double boiler
- Sharp knife
- Chop the soap base into cubes and place into a double boiler, heating over medium and stirring frequently until completely melted. You can also place a bowl in a pan of water if you don't have a double boiler.
- Stir in the coconut oil, olive oil and sweet almond oil.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract and orange essential oil.
- Spray each cavity of the soap mold with rubbing alcohol to prevent the formation of bubbles.
- Gently pour your melted soap mixture into your soap mold. Leave about ¼” at the top of the mold to leave enough space for the colored soap cubes.
- Arrange the colored soap cubes into your soap mixture. Once you're happy with your work, lightly spray the top of the soap with rubbing alcohol. Pour the melted soap mixture over the soap cubes.
- Allow your stained glass soap bars to harden for at least an hour or until completely cooled. Gently pop out and store in an airtight glass container until you're ready to use them.