I have always been concerned about the ingredients in the foods we eat, but ever since living overseas and preparing everything from scratch out of necessity, I have become fanatical about it.
That has extended to baby food with Kaylee. I prepared some of Zoë’s baby food, but she also ate a lot of Earth’s Best Organic Baby Food (that is until she decided at 9-months old that she only wanted “real” food).
So, when Ella’s Kitchen contacted me about reviewing their organic baby food, I was hesitant. But then I read a little bit more about the company and their product and decided to give it a try.
Ella’s Kitchen Organic Baby food only contains whole, pureed organic fruits and vegetables with no added sugar, salt, etc. (no added water even). The fruits and vegetables are minimally processed so they retain more of their natural vitamins and minerals.
The come in handy, light, re-sealable pouches that are more convenient than jars. In fact, I liked their tip of just squeezing a little at a time onto a spoon so you don’t have to dirty up a bowl—it worked great!
I received two samples of their stage one baby food:
- Carrots, Apples and Parsnips—Kaylee absolutely loved this one and gobbled down the entire pouch (3.5 oz) in one evening. I tasted it and was surprised at how good it tasted.
- Strawberries and Apples—This one wasn’t as big of a hit. Kaylee kept spitting it out so I tasted it. It was really tart. She didn’t like it so I passed it over to Zoë and she drank down some of it.
I also received one sample of their The Red One fruit smoothies for Zoë try. This was a huge hit. So much so that when it was gone, a temper tantrum ensued because there wasn’t anymore. My little fruit lover.
So, if you’re looking for an organic baby food alternative, I recommend checking out Ella’s Kitchen.
Ella’s Kitchen has agreed to give one of my readers a sample pack of their organic baby food.
To enter, visit Ella’s Kitchen website and leave a comment telling me what flavor you think will be your baby’s favorite.
For additional entries:
- Subscribe to Happy Mothering via RSS or email
- Follow @HappyMothering and @EllasKitchen on Twitter
- Friend Happy Mothering on facebook
- Vote for Happy Mothering on Top Mommy Blogs (button on right)
Remember, you must leave a separate comment for each entry to count.
This contest will run through Sunday, August 15, 2010 at 11:59 pm EST. The winner will be chosen the following day at random.org and announced on The Happy Mothering blog. US entries only.
Happy Mothering was not compensated for this giveaway. The company did provide us with a sample for the review and giveaway, but this did not influence our opinion of the company or the product.