Last Updated on
This post was written by me as a member of the Netflix Stream team, for which I receive a complimentary Netflix subscription.
There are subjects our kids are taught at school all year long. Math, reading, science, history, etc. One lesson that should be woven into all that your kids do is kindness.
So many people lack the skills to be kind these days, I believe something needs to be done about it. Our kids learn by watching us, so the best thing we can do is model the behavior we want them to exhibit. Be kind yourself and your children will naturally learn kindness.
There are other ways to teach kindness as well. We try to talk about kindness regularly with our girls in addition to modeling the behavior. Having an open dialogue is very important. You can also take your kids to volunteer with people that are less fortunate and show them how to be kind.
These days, technology and electronics are a part of daily life, so why not incorporate that into your kindness lessons? Here’s a great list of titles to watch on Netflix to help teach kindness to your children.
12 Netflix Titles to Promote Kindness and Acceptance
For your big kids:
- A Mile in His Shoes
- Good Luck Charlie: Down a Tree
For your little kids:
- Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood, Vol. 1 Ep. 6: Friends Help Each Other
- My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, Season 3, Ep. 4: One Bad Apple
- Arthur, Season 15, Ep. 8: Muffy’s Classic Classy Club / Best Enemies
- The Hunchback of Notre Dame
- Super Why, Season 1, Ep. 61: The Ugly Duckling: Becoming a Swan
- The Fox and the Hound