Last Updated on
This breakfast muffins recipe is sponsored by Success®. While I was provided with free Success® Tri Color Quinoa and compensation, all opinions are my own.
The beginning of the school year is just around the corner. That means busy mornings and trying to get back into a routine.
During this transitional time, I like to have plenty of grab and go breakfast options so we aren’t scrambling in the mornings. As the weather starts to cool down again, we move away from smoothies and fruits and into heartier choices.
We make a variety of egg cups like these basic egg cups or these mushroom and spinach egg cups. We also like to make blueberry baked oatmeal and we’ve started making these Apple Quinoa Breakfast Muffins too!
I love the texture that quinoa gives to breakfast muffins, cookies and bars. If you haven’t tried it, you should! It’s both unique and delicious.
In this recipe, we used Success® Tri Color Quinoa.
It’s a fun blend of white, red and black quinoa that comes in BPA-free, boil-in-bags, so it’s easy to make when you’re as busy as we are. It only takes 10 minutes to cook and cleans up quickly since there’s nothing left to stick to the pan.
Success® Tri Color Quinoa is gluten free, 100% whole grain and a good source of fiber. It’s also a complete protein since it contains all nine essential amino acids.
I love how light and fluffy it is after cooking. It has a nice, nutty flavor, making it a great choice for breakfast muffins, cookies and bars. It’s also great as a side dish or added to main dishes. You can find some more great recipes here.
However, I think you should start with my Apple Quinoa Breakfast Muffins recipe! It’s super hearty and delicious, making it a great grab and go breakfast choice for kids and adults alike. They even make a great snack.
Be sure to give this Apple Quinoa Breakfast Muffins recipe featuring Success® Tri Color Quinoa a try and leave us a review to let us know what you think!
Apple Quinoa Breakfast Muffins Recipe
Apple Quinoa Breakfast Muffins Perfect for Busy Mornings
- Boil your Success® Tri Color Quinoa bag in 4 cups water for 10 minutes, then take out, drain, and pour into small bowl to cool.
- While the quinoa is cooking, pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the almond and all purpose flours, baking powder, baking soda, brown sugar and 1 cup of the cooked quinoa.
- Fold in the yogurt, applesauce, diced apples and honey.
- Pour your apple quinoa breakfast muffins batter into a muffin tin lined with silicone or paper muffin cups, filling ⅔ full.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- When your breakfast muffins are done, sprinkle with brown sugar and serve warm.