Are you looking for a breakfast casserole recipe that is both easy to make and delicious? Then my sausage, kale and cheese casserole is here to delight! It’s a hit with kids of all ages.
- 1 pound nitrate-free sausage
- 1 cup chopped organic onion
- 4 cups chopped organic kale
- 10 pastured eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 slices Crystal Farms Marble Jack Cheese
- Avocado oil spray
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage until it’s browned.
- All the onion and continue cooking until the onions are translucent.
- Add the kale and cook until it has been greatly reduced.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking pan that has been sprayed with avocado oil spray. I used a 9×12 baking pan, but you can use a smaller pan. It will probably just take longer to cook.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and heavy whipping cream together, then pour the egg mixture over the sausage, onion and kale mixture.
- Layer the top with slices of the Crystal Farms Marble Jack.
- Place in the oven and cook for 25-30 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbling and starting to brown.
- Cut into slices and serve.