Last Updated on
Are you gluten free and missing desserts? These Flourless Gluten Free Chocolate Mint Muffins are the perfect solution for getting your chocolate fix.
I have a weakness for chocolate, and since falling in love with essential oils I have developed a serious weakness for chocolate mint desserts. There is nothing better than a few drops of Peppermint or Spearmint essential oil mixed in with chocolate muffins, brownies or any other chocolate dessert.
Finding an amazing muffin or cupcake recipe can be a real pain when you’re gluten free. If you’re gluten free, you’ll discover that these little chocolate mint bites are a perfect solution for satisfying your chocolate craving, and they also use essential oil for the mint, so you are getting the benefits of that and a more, true mint flavor.
Flourless Gluten Free Chocolate Mint Muffins
Flourless Gluten Free Chocolate Mint MuffinsPrint Pin Rate
- ½ cup white chocolate If you want a more intense flavor, you can also use bittersweet dark chocolate instead and it comes out really yummy too!
- ½ stick pastured butter
- 2/3 cup organic white sugar
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract check to be sure it’s gluten free if that’s an issue
- 6 drops spearmint essential oil If you don’t have spearmint, you can also use peppermint, which is just as good, just a little less of a sweet mint taste.
- 3 pastured eggs
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon organic powdered sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoon organic ground coffee
- Mini muffin tins recipe makes approximately 24 gems and paper cups to line or a cooking spray
- Mixing bowl and whisk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F, then line your mini muffin tins with cups or coat with avocado oil spray.
- Chop your chocolate and melt it in a double boiler, stirring constantly.
- Add your butter to the melted chocolate, whisking constantly and making sure there are no lumps left. Transfer this mixture to a mixing bowl.
- Mix well.
- Now you need to sift the cocoa powder. It will go into the rest of the ingredients, so sift it right over the mixing bowl.
- Whisk all ingredients until smooth.
- Now, add your batter to the muffin tins, filling about 2/3 full with the batter.
- Bake until gems have risen, about 12-15 minutes. They will puff up some and then go flatter after they cool, and this is normal.
- Test with toothpick but do note that because they are flourless, they will still have some wet batter, you just don’t want a lot on there.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and dust the tops with the powdered sugar while warm.
- Now enjoy!