Last Updated on
We have been trying to significantly cut back on our grain consumption. We love baking with almond flour. However, I have a ton of coconut flour that needs to be used, so we’ve been making a lot of coconut flour muffins with it.
The result is a deliciously hearty grain free apple coconut flour muffins recipe that the whole family loves. They make a great grab and go breakfast or snack.
This recipe makes 12 muffins, so you can feel free to double up on the ingredients if you’re baking for a large group!
Grain Free Apple Coconut Flour Muffins Recipe
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 6 pastured eggs
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 large organic apple, grated (roughly 1 cup packed)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the coconut flour, baking powder, sea salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a smaller mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut oil and maple syrup.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the large mixing bowl with the dry ingredients and stir until just combined (do not over mix).
- Add in the grated apple and mix again until it’s evenly incorporated. The mixture will be thick.
- Grease a muffin pan or line with paper or silicone muffin cups.
- Portion the batter into the tin with an ice cream scoop.
- Press the batter down slightly with a fork so it fills out the muffin cup.
- Bake your apple coconut flour muffins for 14 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow it to cool completely before removing the apple coconut flour muffins.