DIY Mason Jar Centerpieces for Fall
I love Fall time. The cool weather has already arrived in the mountains and I'm craving all things fall. Fires. Warm tea. Blankets. Boots. Sweaters. Jeans. You get the picture – I just want to be warm and cozy. Can you blame me?
During the fall, I also tend to feel more crafty. Since we're all cooped up inside staying out of the cold, there's more time to explore my creative side. We always have a ton of mason jars on hand, so I love finding new uses for them.
Making luminaries is so much fun! Last year, I made Halloween Luminaries with mason jars. This year, I wanted something a little simpler that could be used throughout fall. These simple mason jar centerpieces use safflower seeds to give the luminary a warm feel.
Mason Jar Centerpieces: DIY Fall Safflower Seed LuminaryPrint
Has fall weather arrived to your area? It has here! This DIY Safflower Seed Luminary is an easy way to give your home a warm and festive feeling for Fall.
- Begin by filling your mason jar ¾ of the way full of safflower seed. Insert the battery operated votive, which is safer for this project than a real votive.
- Wrap the burlap ribbon of your choice around the mouth of the jar. Tighten to fit, cut off any extra, and secure to the jar with hot glue.
- Feel free to add your own fall embellishments such as silk leaves or faux acorns. Just use a dab of glue and press the accent piece to the ribbon or jar until secure.
- To use your safflower seed luminary, simply turn on the candle and place it back into the seed.
- Enjoy your pretty mason jar centeripice!