I love TV shows for kids that are both fun and educational. Last year, we watched the first season of Creative Galaxy (an Amazon Original Kids Series). The girls (especially Kaylee) were bummed when they finished the first season.
Fortunately, the second season of Creative Galaxy is coming to Amazon Prime Video on September 16. Yes, that's this week!
If you haven't seen Creative Galaxy yet, you're in for a treat. It's a very interactive show for kids from from Out of the Blue Enterprises (Super Why!, Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood). They are always featuring fun and simple craft ideas for kids.
Creative Galaxy features adorable alien Arty and his sidekick Epiphany. These two buds travel around the galaxy to solve problems using various forms of art. Each episode of Creative Galaxy features a unique creative medium – painting, music, sculpting, cooking and more – to showcase how art can be found in many different places and forms.
I love how the interactive stories and unique live-action craft segments give great visuals so us parents can help our kids recreate the art projects featured in each episode. It's a great way to inspire our kids to “go be amazing!” and become idea makers and creative thinkers. My girls have definitely gotten their fair share of artistic inspiration from Creative Galaxy.
The second season of Creative Galaxy features 11 brand-new, two-part episodes with 24 live action craft segments. There will be many famous friends that will lend their voices to characters this season, including Brooke Shields, Jason Priestly, Samantha Bee, Lisa Loeb, Donovan Patton and Cloris Leachman.
Here's the trailer for Creative Galaxy Season 2:
Simple Craft for Kids: Pom Pom Jingle Bell Tree
- Press the terracotta clay into the small mason jars to create your base.
- If your pipe cleaners are very long, you may need to cut them down. The girls cut their pipe cleaners in half. Once you have the length of pipe cleaners you'd like, press the ends of the pipe cleaners into the terracotta clay.
- Weave the pipe cleaners around each other to create your tree trunk. You can weave the jingle bells into the pipe cleaners at the same time.
- Now it's time to add the colorful pom poms. You can weave them into the ends of each pipe cleaner.
- Then, if you'd like a fuller tree, you can glue more pom poms onto the tree.
- Then, you can glue glitter to the pom poms and the terracotta base if you want a sparkly pom pom jingle bell tree.
- Allow the terracotta clay to dry (about 24 hours).
- Enjoy playing with your new pom pom jingle bell tree. It can be used as a decoration or a musical instrument!
Will your kids love this simple craft for kids, inspired by Creative Galaxy?