During the fall, my slow cooker is my best friend. We're always on the go with school, dance, essential oil classes and more. We try very hard not to eat out often, so on these busy days I turn to my slow cooker to prepare us a healthy, nourishing meal like this slow cooker curry.
Thai curry is one of our family favorites, and I make that often. However, we also love curry powder and yellow curry. I used to make it all the time. Then I ran out of curry powder and it took me a long time to remember to order more. When I finally ordered some from Amazon, it arrived and we opened the package. The smell was so enticing that I decided to make slow cooker curry the very next day.
I love slow cooker curry because you can really use any meat or vegetables you have on hand. Bell peppers, cauliflower and carrots are our favorites to use in slow cooker curry, but feel free to substitute your family's favorite veggies.
Whenever I make a slow cooker recipe, I always make it to fill (or nearly fill) the crockpot. That way we have enough food for 2-3 dinners. Especially when we're busy, I stick to the cook once, eat twice (or three times) philosophy. With slow cooker recipes, all you have to do is pop the crock pan back in the cooker each evening to re-heat – easy peasy!
If you are looking for a delicious and nourishing meal that will save you time, give this slow cooker curry recipe a try. I hope you enjoy it!
Easy Fall Recipe: Slow Cooker Curry RecipePrint
Easy Fall Recipe: Slow Cooker Curry Recipe
Need an easy fall dinner recipe? This slow cooker curry recipe will allow you to cook a delicious, healthy and nourishing meal for your family in less time.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Total Time: 8 hours 20 mins
- Yield: 8
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Indian
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 4 cups chopped organic cauliflower
- 4 large organic carrots, sliced
- 2 large organic bell peppers, chopped
- 1 medium organic onion, chopped
- 1 quart homemade chicken stock
- 2 cans organic coconut milk (full fat)
- 1 package creamed coconut
- ½ cup organic curry powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Cooked rice or shirataki “rice” (optional)
- Prepare all ingredients except rice, then place them in your crockpot.
- Stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve the hearty indian curry over white rice or shirataki “rice” for a low carb option.