Last Updated on
Fall is just around the corner. The other day, I noticed that the leaves are already starting to turn on some of the trees locally. It makes me wonder if we are in for an early winter this year, even though we’ve had warmer than usual temperatures lately.
I know pumpkins will be appearing in stores soon because the Halloween decorations are already hitting the shelves. I always get excited for this time of year. There are just so many amazing, healthier treats you can make with pumpkin.
So when I came across this idea of making healthy orange pumpkin snacks, I had to share them with you! These are so simple to make and only require 2 ingredients. They take just a few minutes to put together and you have a fun, healthy treat for your kids.
They would make a fun surprise in your child’s lunchbox, a great after school snack, a healthy alternative snack for your child’s class or a fun healthy potluck idea. If you get your kids to help make them, you might actually get them to eat the celery too!
Easy Orange Pumpkin Snacks Recipe
- 3 oranges
- 1 celery stalk
- Cut a celery stalk into 3 equal sized pieces.
- Peel your oranges, then place them on a plate.
- Simply press one of the celery pieces into the top of the orange where it would naturally split. Be sure you don’t press too hard – ease it in gently.
- It’s as simple as that! Now you have a healthy fall treat you can serve as an after school snack, play date or school event.
- Make sure to store them in the fridge covered with saran wrap until you’re ready to eat them so they won’t dry out.