Granola is one of my girls' most favorite breakfast choices. They love it eat it alone, with almond milk or over yogurt.
However, I can't seem to get over how much refined sugar there is in all of the granola at the grocery store. Even the organic brands are packed full of sugar.
So we agreed to start making our own granola so they can enjoy their favorite easy breakfast without all of the refined sugar. And I tell you what. Granola made with honey or maple syrup tastes so much better than store bought granola!
It's so easy to make this homemade Pumpkin Almond Granola Cereal – even the kids can make it with very little help! So stop wasting money at the store on sugar-filled cereals and try your hand at this easy homemade granola recipe.
Homemade Pumpkin Almond Granola Cereal Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup raw pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 300° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, pumpkin seeds, almonds, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine the coconut oil, honey or maple syrup, pumpkin puree and vanilla extract and stir.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients.
- Stir until completely mixed.
- Pour the granola onto the prepared baking sheet and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 45 minutes, stirring after 20 minutes to keep the granola from clumping too much. Take out of the oven and let cool.
- Place the granola in an airtight jar or bag and store for 2 weeks.
Let us know how you like this Pumpkin Almond Granola Cereal recipe in the comments below!
Be sure to Pin this post for later!