Last Updated on
Are you looking for a tasty cocktail recipe using wine, not liquor? This rapsberry lime white wine slushies recipe is a nice choice for a hot summer day.
I pretty much stopped drinking liquor before our kids were born, except for the occasional margarita when we’re out to dinner at a Mexican restaurant. Now, if I have a drink, it’s nearly always a glass of wine.
However, sometimes that can get boring and I want something a little tastier – especially on hot days. So this summer I started making white wine slushies.
Peaches and raspberries are my favorite fruit and the store has been out of frozen peaches lately. I have done this with store-bought, pre-frozen raspberries and with raspberries I froze on my own.
I prefer the raspberries that I’ve frozen on my own since they’re usually sweeter from my experience. If you choose pre-frozen raspberries, you may need to add extra stevia to your wine slushies to balance the tartness.
You’ll also want to choose a sweet wine like Riesling for your white wine slushies. I find that drier whites like Chardonnay don’t taste as good balanced with the flavors of raspberry and lime.
Raspberry Lime White Wine Slushies Recipe
Raspberry Lime White Wine Slushie
- Place the bottle of wine in the freezer until it's ice cold. You want it near freezing.
- Add the sweet white wine, frozen raspberries and lime juice to the blender and blend until smooth.
- If you want it icier, you can add some ice to the blender and blend it in.
- Blend in stevia to taste.
- Pour into a glass and garnish with a slice of lime.