This recipe was submitted by Ana Fernandez of Recipes for My Blog. It has not been tested by Happy Mothering staff.
It’s getting to be that time of year already. The weather is cooling and the leaves are starting to turn. I hope that means that we’re in for an early fall and winter, and that mother nature brings us plenty of precipitation this year.
This time of year, we typically break out the slow cooker and stop using the grill quite so much. I love how simple the slow cooker makes dinner prep. It seems fitting that the time of year we like to slow down and enjoy warm fires and hot tea, that we also cook our food more slowly, doesn’t it?
There’s something so nourishing about pulling a delicious meal out of the slow cooker at the end of a busy day and only having one pot to clean. This Slow Cooker Maple Chicken is a very easy recipe to prepare. It only uses a few simple ingredients.
You can choose to pair your Slow Cooker Maple Chicken with brussels sprouts and risotto like we did. Or you can substitute potatoes and your favorite vegetables. The flavor goes well with almost any produce that’s in season.
Next time you’re looking for a slow cooker chicken recipe that comes together quickly with just a few simple ingredients, give this Slow Cooker Maple Chicken recipe a try. And be sure to let me know what you think!
Slow Cooker Maple Chicken Recipe
- In a large bowl soak chicken in maple syrup and melted butter.
- Add salt, pepper and garlic.
- Transfer the chicken into a slow cooker.
- Cook on low heat for 6-7 hours.
- minutes before time is up, add the brussels sprouts to the cooker and other desired vegetables to the slow cooker, or prepare them to your liking. At the same time, cook the risotto.
- Serve your slow cooker maple chicken on plates with brussels sprouts and risotto.
What will you serve your Slow Cooker Maple Chicken with?