It’s that time of year again! Time to start thinking about what DIY gifts you’ll give this year. I find that sugar scrubs are always a big hit, especially when it comes with a fun seasonal scent.
Peppermint is a really great holiday scent, and I have a great recipe for Peppermint Sugar Scrub Bars. However, if you’re looking for a scent that’s a bit more unique, you should try this recipe for Gingerbread Sugar Scrub.
All of the scents combine perfectly for a wonderful fall or winter treat. Whether you want to treat yourself or a loved one, this recipe is sure to be a hit.
DIY Gingerbread Sugar Scrub with Free Printable LabelPrint
Looking for a unique sugar scrub scent for the holidays? This gingerbread sugar scrub recipe is perfect for pampering yourself or loved ones this year!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and mix well. It’s best to mix with clean hands to help warm the coconut oil and ensure it blends well with the other ingredients.
- Scoop the sugar scrub into mason jars and attach lids tightly. (Jars shown in photo are Ball Collection Elite Design Series Half Pint Jars)
- Cut out printed labels for jars. Use double sided tape or a strong glue to place a label on top of each jar. You may also use a single hole punch to punch a hole in the top of the gift tag and wrap it on the jar using a thin ribbon.
To use the Gingerbread Sugar Scrub:
- Scoop some out of the jar and gently scrub onto wet skin in a circular motion, concentrating on dry areas and rough patches. Rinse skin thoroughly using warm water.
- Sugar Scrub should be stored at room temperature and stays fresh for up to 4 weeks.